The Nina Kondelos Award is conferred on a female neuroscientist for outstanding contribution to basic or clinical neuroscience research. The Nina Kondelos Award was made possible by a donation to the Society by Professor George Paxinos, and it is named after his late sister. The Nina Kondelos Award was conferred for the first time in 2007 at the IBRO2007 World Congress of Neuroscience in Melbourne. Successful nominees will receive a certificate and prize money of $500. The award winner will be invited to present the Nina Kondelos Award Lecture at the ANS Annual Scientific Meeting in December 2023.
- The nominee must be a female member of ANS and the achievement must be in the field of neuroscience.
- The nominee must not have received other major national or international prizes such as the PM's Prize, Ramaciotti and Glaxo.
- See the Application and Assessment Form for more information.
How to Apply
- Applications for 2023 are now closed.
- 2023 Applications (extended) deadline: 15 August 2023
- See the Application and Assessment Form for application and assessment guidelines.